I gave another number on this blog before (was it 51%? I am not sure, search for it yourself you lazy git) anyhow Virginia Tech gives us another number (sadly without citation, so keep the grain of salt at hand). Also some other stats:
- According to the U.S. Department of Education, in the 2005-06 school year, women made up:
57.5 percent of all students earning bachelor's degrees.
Nearly 60 percent of students earning master’s degrees.
48.9 percent of students earning Ph.D.s.
- Women control nearly 60 percent of the wealth in the United States.
- The number of wealthy women in the U.S. is growing twice as fast as the number of wealthy men.
- Women represent more than 40 percent of all Americans with gross investable assets above $600,000.
- 45 percent of American millionaires are women.
- 48 percent of estates worth more than $5 million are controlled by women, compared with 35 percent controlled by men.
- 60 percent of high net worth women have earned their own fortunes.
- Some estimate that by 2030, women will control as much as two-thirds of the nation’s wealth.
- According to Diversity Best Practices & Business Women's Network, women are responsible for 83 percent of all consumer purchases.